Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Safety

The safest thing in the world for me is writing.  It's the one thing I've always been able to wow people with.  Since I first learned to write the letter "E," I have been creating stories, illustrating, and expressing my own take on the world.  So far, I've been blessed with acclaim.  Today, however, I'm about to embark on a new kind of journey: I'm going to utilize my abilities in writing to make a living.

A couple of months ago, every annual contract teacher at the school where I worked was released from the year's position.  In fact, 200 individuals in this same predicament found themselves scrambling through the summer in search of a new location in which to impart knowledge to the next generation.  I was not among these numbers.  I was out on medical leave.  So, the jobs that were available have been already filled by the hundreds of other teachers who were looking for a new job.  With no job, and few prospects, I have been forced to do the very things I wanted to do anyway: write and create.

My days are now spent creating web content, commercial content, and multimedia content for my clients, some actual entities, others those whose entire existence is limited to my own dream world.  I hope that you'll enjoy this incredible transitional journey into the uncharted with me.  I could certainly use the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment